Last chance to register to vote in the upcoming election
Today, October 9, is the deadline to register to vote in the November election. If you would like to check to see if you’re already registered, click here.
If you need to register to vote, here are the qualifications in Texas:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of the county in which the application for registration is made
- Be at least 17 years and 10 months old (you must be 18 to vote)
- Not be finally convicted of a felony, or if a convicted felon
- You must have fully discharged your punishment, including any incarceration, parole, supervision, period of probation, or be pardoned
- Have not been declared mentally incompetent by final judgment of a court of law
Need to Register? Register in person at your County Registrar’s Office. You can pick up an application from the County Registrar’s Office, some libraries or high schools and mail in your application however, it must be postmarked 30 days before November 6. Or visit an online website, complete and print the application then mail it to your County Registrars.