WIC introduces new live chat service
Many challenges have occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic, urging organizations to create more flexibility in servicing their clients. The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) has taken the initiative to include remote services and expand food options. Families can now live chat with a WIC staff member closest to their location. Chat is available to assist with scheduling an appointment or to answer any WIC related questions and concerns.
In addition to the new live chat service, there are still a variety of WIC resources available to families. Clients can take classes, meet with other families and get one-on-one nutrition counseling to make smart choices and delicious family meals!
How to get help:
- Learn about food updates here or call (800) 942-3678 for more details.
- Breastfeeding questions? Call (214) 670-7222.
- For families that need benefits for the first time, please enroll at texaswic.org, to be contacted. Families can call their local WIC clinic to learn more about how to receive services.
- Download the latest version of the myTexasWIC shopping app on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store for the most recent temporary and permanent WIC foods.
- Email: [email protected] .
For more information on Texas WIC, call 800-942-3678 or visit texaswic.org.