Halloween safety tips for Dallas trick-or-treaters
As October draws to a close, make sure kids stay safe this Halloween with tips from Dallas Police Department.
- Kids should always be accompanied by trusted adults or friends when trick-or-treating.
- Plan trick-or-treating route ahead of time, picking well-lit streets and familiar neighborhoods.
- Walk, don’t run, and stick to sidewalks. Look both ways when you cross the street and use crosswalks when available.
- Check candy for choking hazards and only eat prepackaged treats, not homemade ones.
- Make sure children have contact information for adults in case they become separated while trick-or-treating.