City Manager announces candidates for Dallas Police Chief
City Manager T.C. Broadnax announced the official list of candidates who will interview for the new Police Chief of Dallas. They are:
• Malik Aziz, Deputy Chief, Dallas Police Department
• Carmen Best, Deputy Chief, Seattle Police Department
• U. Renee Hall, Deputy Chief, Detroit Police Department
• Michel Moore, First Assistant Chief, Los Angeles Police Department
• Luther Reynolds, Assistant Chief, Montgomery County (Maryland) Police Department
• Gary Tittle, Assistant Chief, Dallas Police Department
• Rick Watson, Deputy Chief, Dallas Police Department
Over a three-day period in July, the City Manager has assembled five panels comprised of various community stakeholders and partners, who will participate in the interview process.
Monday July 10: Candidates will tour various police facilities and parts of Dallas and will attend a reception Monday evening with key community stakeholders.
Tuesday July 11: The candidates will participate in panel interviews with partners in the law enforcement community; leaders from the faith-based community; members of the various police associations; advocates who lead police support groups; and other neighborhood and community leaders. The day will conclude with a citizen meet and greet from 6 to 8 p.m. second floor foyer, at Dallas City Hall.
Wednesday July 12: City Manager’s staff will interview the candidates.
The City Manager will determine next steps after the interview process is concluded.