Big Thought and Mayor’s office to launch 2015 Dallas City of Learning Saturday at Klyde Warren Park
Dallas kids and families are invited to join Mayor Mike Rawlings, Fossil Group designers, Best Buy’s Geek Squad and other organizations Saturday for the second Dallas City of Learning (DCoL) event to be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Klyde Warren Park. The event is hosted by Big Thought and the Dallas Mayor’s Office.
During the event, kids can explore a sampling of this summer’s interactive and hands-on learning opportunities, register for Dallas City of Learning and earn a digital badge for activities in which they participate. They can also:
- Build a tin box sculpture with Fossil Group designers
- Discover circuits and games using common household items with Best Buy’s Geek Squad
- Climb in the cockpit of a plane with the Frontiers of Flight Museum
- Spot counterfeit money with the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Join the Trinity River Audubon Center and learn some uncommon facts about your friendly neighborhood pigeon
- Build your dream city with the Dallas Center for Architecture
- Help create a mural with the Catalyst Arts Movement
DCoL is a public-private citywide initiative bringing together more than 100 partner organizations, including museums, libraries, parks, rec centers and other community organizations, as well as schools, city agencies and businesses; all working together to help young people connect what they learn in and out of school to what they want to do in life. For more information visit www.dallascityoflearning.org.