City of Dallas receives Homeless Prevention Funds for seniors
The City of Dallas’ Office of Community Care, Senior Services received Homeless Prevention funding from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) -Homeless Housing and Services Program (HSSP). These funds will be used to provide utility assistance to seniors ages 62 years and over and are first come first serve. The application closes August 31 or while funding lasts, whichever comes first. Funding for this project is $41,000 and will only serve 50 seniors.
To apply, please call the Senior Services mainline at 214-670-5227 and a caseworker will be able to assist with sending paperwork via email or mail. Applicants must meet all criteria to apply.
• Covers only electricity, gas, and water/sewer/trash only
• Does not include telephone, cable, or internet
• Must be past due or currently due amounts only
• Assistance is limited to amounts incurred by the applicant on or after March 26, 2020 and included on an application submitted on or before August 31, 2020
• Utility bill must be in the name of applicant (or household member) residing at the assisted address
• Be housed (not homeless) and at risk of becoming homeless
• Must reside in the City of Dallas; AND
• Income: Has an annual income below 50% of HUD’s Area Median Income for the area
• Does not have sufficient resources or support networks immediately available to prevent them from becoming homeless; and MUST have been impacted by COVID 19.
For more information, please call the Senior Services mainline at 214-670-5227.