Dallas Horseshoe Project traffic alert and lane closures
- Various lanes of eastbound I-30 at I-35E will be closed nightly starting Monday, June 13 through Saturday, June 18 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Various lanes of southbound I-35E at I-30 will be closed nightly starting Monday, June 13 through Saturday, June 18 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The eastbound I-30 access from the Sylvan Avenue on-ramp will temporarily be unavailable beginning Wednesday, June 15 through Sunday, June 19. Only northbound I-35E will have access through the Sylvan Avenue on-ramp at this time. Traffic will be detoured to Fort Worth Avenue and N. Plymouth Road to access eastbound I-30. View map below for more details.
Major Traffic Shifts This Weekend:
Two major traffic shifts will occur on the evenings of Friday, June 17 and Saturday, June 18. Crews will open new pavement and bridge sections along southbound I-35E and eastbound I-30 in the downtown Dallas Mixmaster.
Starting Friday evening June 17 lasting overnight, traffic will be shifted along southbound I-35E that will create the following changes to access points:
- The southbound I-35E exit to eastbound I-30 (Exit 428A toward Texarkana), will now be on the right side of the main lanes. It will switch places with traffic continuing along southbound I-35E, who will now use the two left lanes.
- The southbound I-35E Riverfront Boulevard exit will now be labeled the eastbound I-30 Riverfront exit.
- The southbound I-35E exit to Jefferson Boulevard will be closed until fall 2016. To access Jefferson, traffic may use the southbound I-35E exits to Colorado Boulevard or Eighth Street.
On Saturday evening June 18 lasting overnight, traffic will be shifted along eastbound I-30 that will create the following changes to access points:
- Traffic will remain in the right lanes to continue along eastbound I-30 through the Mixmaster. The existing eastbound I-30 connection on the left-hand side of the main lanes will be closed.
- The locations of the Beckley Avenue exit and the Sylvan Avenue on-ramp will switch places.
- For a detailed overview of these upcoming lane changes, please watch our video below, or visit www.youtube.com/dallashorseshoe.
- The eastbound I-30 exit to Lamar Street (Exit (45B) will be closed until fall 2016. All traffic may take the exit to Cadiz/Griffin streets (next available exit) to access Lamar. View Map.
- The new southbound I-35E exit to westbound I-30 is now open on the right side of the main lanes. The old left exit is permanently closed. Traffic is advised to remain in the right lane along southbound I-35E after Woodall Rodgers, following new signage to westbound I-30. View Video.
- The westbound I-30 Riverfront Boulevard on-ramp is now open.
- From westbound I-30, traffic will use Exit 46A (on the righthand side) to access BOTH northbound and southbound I-35E. Traffic should remain in the two right lanes prior to Ervay Street and follow posted signs. View Video.
- The new northbound I-35E off-ramp to Reunion Boulevard is now open. This new exit ramp is on theright side for northbound I-35E traffic. NOTE: Drivers coming from westbound I-30 will still continue to use the current left exit to Reunion Boulevard
- The southbound I-35E off-ramp to Riverfront Boulevard is now open.
- The Sylvan Avenue off-ramp is now open and exit 43B “Frontage Road” ramp is closed on the westbound I-30 frontage road. View map
Closures are subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. For more information call the hotline at 214-349-6493 or sign up for text alerts by texting “DallasHorseshoe” to 31996.