7 Halloween safety tips and treats from Dallas Police
Halloween is right around the corner! The Dallas Police Department wants to help your kids have a safe Halloween with a few safety tips:
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Plan a trick-or-treating route in familiar neighborhoods with well-lit streets.
- Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Choose bright costumes, and have children carry flashlights or glow sticks so they are easily visible. (Treat – Try adding reflective tape to costumes and candy bags)
- Always walk younger children to the door to receive treats.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Teach children to say “NO!” in a loud voice if someone tries to get them to go somewhere, accept anything other than a treat, or leave with them.
Check out the full list of tips on their blog.