Streets to be closed during the 50th annual Turkey Trot
The 50th annual Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot will take place on Thursday November 23. Projected attendance is 40,000 people. Road closures related to this special event will impact traffic around Dallas City Hall and Downtown Dallas.
The following streets will be closed to traffic for event staging:
- Young St. – All lanes closed between Akard St. and Browder St. on Wednesday November 22 at 7 p.m. until Thursday November 23 at 1 p.m.
- Young St. – All lanes closed between Saint Paul St. and Park St. on Wednesday from 7 p.m. until Thursday at 1 p.m.
- Young St. – All lanes closed between Griffin St. and Harwood St. on Thursday from 4 a.m. until 1 p.m.
The following streets will be intermittently closed to traffic on Thanksgiving Day from 8 a.m. until noon, while participants pass through:
- Young/Canton St. – All lanes from Akard St. to Hall St. closed
- Hall St. – All lanes from Canton St. to Main St. closed
- Main St. – All lanes closed from Hall St. to Houston St.
- Market St. – All lanes closed from Main St. to Young St.
- Houston St. – All lanes closed from Main St. to Reunion Boulevard
- Reunion Boulevard West – All westbound lanes closed to Hotel Drive
- Hyatt Regency Dallas Hotel access from Reunion Boulevard East
- Hotel Drive – All northbound lanes closed from Reunion Boulevard to Sports St.; dedicated lane available for Hyatt Regency Dallas Hotel access
- Reunion Boulevard – All eastbound lanes closed to Sports St.
- Sports St. – All northbound lanes closed to North Drive
- Hyatt Regency Dallas Hotel access provided by Dallas Police
- North Drive – All lanes closed
- Hotel St. – All lanes closed from Memorial Drive to Reunion Boulevard East
- Houston St. – All southbound lanes closed from Reunion Boulevard East
- Marsalis Avenue/Houston St. Viaduct – All lanes closed from Houston St. to Colorado Boulevard
- Colorado Boulevard – All lanes closed from North Zang to North Marsalis Avenue
- Blaylock Drive – All lanes closed from Colorado Boulevard to East 5th St.
- East 5th St. – All lanes closed from Blaylock Drive to Beckley Avenue
- Beckley Avenue – All lanes closed from East 5th St. to Zang Boulevard
- Zang Boulevard – All northeast lanes closed from Beckley Avenue to Jefferson St. Viaduct
- Jefferson St. Viaduct – All northeast lanes closed from Zang Boulevard to Market St.
- Market St. – All northbound lanes closed from Jefferson St. Viaduct to Young St.
- Young St. – All lanes closed from Market St. to Marilla St.
Please note parking at meters will be restricted from Wednesday November 22 at 9 a.m. to Thursday November 23 at 5 p.m. for event staging along the following streets:
- Young St. between Akard St. and Harwood St.
- Browder St. and South Ervay St. between Young St. and Marilla St.
Meters along the entire route will be hooded beginning Thursday November 23 at 3 a.m. and will be removed by 2 p.m. that afternoon.