Resident Support – Evacuations in Northwest Dallas
Thursday, March 15 4:20 p.m.
- Thursday, March 15 – Friday, March 16 – 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, March 17 – 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 17, will be the last day the Information Center at the Walnut Hill Recreation Center will be open.Starting Monday, March 19, 2018, customers needing assistance can call our dedicated number at 972-964-4191.Customers inquiring about financial assistance can also visit www.atmosenergy.com/fina5:00 PM, Wednesday, March 14, 2018
More than 700 crew members are working around the clock to complete a year’s worth of work in approximately three weeks to replace the natural gas delivery system in the planned outage area. Atmos Energy has completed approximately fifty percent of the installation and is beginning to restore service to the residents. In the meantime, much of our efforts are focused on connecting licensed plumbers with homeowners to test and repair their gas lines.For the latest on restorations, please view our interactive map at www.atmosenergy.com/alertsResident SupportAtmos Energy is waiving March bills, including any past due amounts, in the planned outage area. Once service is restored, normal billing will resume. Information CentersThe hours of operation for Atmos Energy’s Information Center at Walnut Hill Rec have changed due to our ability to support residents remotely, they are:
- Thursday, March 15 – Friday, March 16 – 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, March 17 – 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
We encourage all customers in the planned outage with questions to call our designated phone number 972-964-4191.In addition, an online form has been created for affected residents to reach our financial team regarding monetary assistance: www.atmosenergy.com/fina5:00 PM, Monday, March 12, 2018
Today’s Progress Atmos Energy’s 120 crews and contractors continue to work 24/7 in the 1.5 mile area affected by the planned outage to lay the infrastructure for the new system. Our biggest obstacle for restoration is customer piping, therefore we have contracted 25 plumbing crews to assist with the repairs.For the most up to date information regarding restorations, please visit our mobile-friendly interactive map at www.atmosenergy.com/alerts Information CenterStarting today, Monday, March 12th, the Walnut Hill Recreation Center is open Monday – Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and will serve all affected residents. We are able to remotely support approximately 90% of eligible customers with ACH and reloadable debit cards. Customers needing monetary assistance are encouraged to call our 24/7 dedicated number at 972-964-4191 or visit www.atmosenergy.com/finaOur focus continues to be the safety of our customers and employees as we work to provide an entire new distribution system. We continue to be grateful for the affected residents’ patience as this thorough process takes time.4:30 PM, Friday, March 9, 2018
Atmos Energy Stays on Track with Planned Outage Pipeline ReplacementToday’s ProgressAtmos Energy’s 120 crews and contractors continue to work 24/7 in the 1.5 mile area affected by the planned outage. We are moving quickly, and it involves many steps to replace an entire distribution system.Chapel Creek ApartmentsFollowing extensive work with the Dallas Fire Department, the FD has lifted the mandatory evacuations on buildings 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 of the Chapel Creek Apartments Phase III. As of 2 p.m. today, these residents have been able to return home.Buildings 2 and 3, compromising of 16 units, are still under mandatory evacuation as repairs continue to be made. We will continue to work with the affected residents to provide lodging and monetary assistance. Resident SupportInformation CentersOur Information Centers are continuing to operate successfully and efficiently. As a result of direct deposit enrollment and reloadable debit cards, we will continue supporting our residents remotely through these methods.Please remember that starting tomorrow (3/10), Walnut Hill Recreation Center will be the only Information Center for affected residents. The Information Center will be closed Sunday (3/11).Beginning Monday (3/12), Walnut Hill Recreation Center will be open from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Saturday for those affected residents needing assistance.
4:30 PM, Thursday, March 8, 2018
Today’s ProgressOur crews continued to systematically lay infrastructure to expeditiously supply residential homes for service restoration in the planned outage area. As of today, Atmos Energy has restored service to over 180 homes that were evacuated prior to the March 1 planned outage.Our focus continues to be the safety of our customers and employees as we work to provide an entire new distribution system. We continue to be grateful for the affected residents’ patience as this thorough process takes time.Resident SupportInformation CentersOur Information Centers are continuing to operate successfully and efficiently. As a result of direct deposit enrollment and reloadable debit cards, we will continue supporting our residents remotely through these methods. Service RestorationWe want to be sure our residents are informed of the process once gas is restored to a home.Once gas is ready to be restored, we will contact you to set an appointment to perform a safety check on your home. Please know that this call may come from a number the resident does not recognize. Until we make contact with the resident, we cannot restore gas to the home.Visit www.atmosenergy.com/alerts for more information on the restoration process.
4:30 PM, Wednesday, March 8, 2018
Atmos Energy Continues on Track with Planned Outage Pipeline ReplacementToday’s ProgressCurrently, our crews are systematically laying infrastructure to expeditiously supply residential homes for service restoration in the planned outage area. As of today, Atmos Energy has restored service to 179 homes that were evacuated prior to the March 1 planned outage.Our focus continues to be the safety of our customers and employees as we work to provide an entire new distribution system. We continue to be grateful for the affected residents’ patience as this thorough process takes time.Resident SupportInformation CentersOur Information Centers are operating successfully and efficiently. As a result of direct deposit enrollment and reloadable debit cards, we will continue supporting our residents remotely through these methods. Residents needing assistance are encouraged to continue visiting the Information Centers, checking the interactive outage map via our website (www.atmosenergy.com/alerts) and calling the designated number 972-964-4191 for questions.Neighborhood OutreachAgain, we are continuously thankful for the outpouring of support from the community and the acts of kindness toward our operations and construction crews, these acts do not go unnoticed.
4:30 PM, Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Atmos Energy is on Track for its Pipeline Replacement and Service Restorations in Northwest Dallas We’ve turned a 12 month project, under a typical construction plan, into an approximately three week project. This is possible because Atmos Energy’s 120 crews and contractors are working 24/7 in the 1.5 mile area affected by the planned outage. We are moving quickly, and it involves many steps to replace an entire distribution system.For ResidentsSee the step-by-step information sheet (below in the “Restoring Service” section) for customers.Today’s ProgressAs of today, Atmos Energy has restored service to 164 homes that were evacuated prior to the March 1 planned outage. When natural gas restoration is available, residents will be contacted directly by Atmos Energy. Customers can also track restoration efforts by using the mobile-friendly interactive map located at www.atmosenergy.com/alerts. You will see restoration in waves throughout the area as we continue to work to provide safe and reliable natural gas service to these affected residents. Resident SupportInformation CentersWhile crews are working in the neighborhood, Atmos Energy employees are assisting customers at the two Information Centers. Walnut Hill Recreation Center and Bachman Hill Recreation Center are operating smoothly with limited lines and providing assistance to affected customers. As a reminder, customers must present proof of residency and identification.Neighborhood OutreachWe’d like to thank the residents for their outpouring of support during this inconvenience. Your acts of kindness for our crews do not go unnoticed as they continue to work 24/7 in your neighborhood.
9:30 AM, Monday, March 5, 2018
DALLAS (March 5, 2018) – Atmos Energy would like to thank the residents in the Northwest Dallas area impacted by the recent outage for their support. We recognize the frustration and disruption this situation has caused, and are working diligently to restore service in this area. We would also like to thank our first responders, city officials and volunteers for their collaboration and cooperation, and to express appreciation to our employees, contractors and others who are providing around-the-clock services during this restoration effort.The latest information regarding restoration efforts can be found on a mobile-friendly interactive map at www.atmosenergy.com/alerts. Residents can input their address to see if their home is ready for service reconnection. The map is available both in Spanish and English. In addition, we would like to provide an update on the progress we have made as of 7 AM today:
- We have restored service to 140 homes that were evacuated prior to the March 1 planned outage.
- In the planned outage area, approximately 120 construction crews are working around the clock in multiple portions of the planned outage area. For the latest updates on this activity, visit www.atmosenergy.com/alerts.
- Since March 1, we have offered monetary assistance or hotel rooms available to all eligible residents. Employees and other volunteers will continue to provide assistance at the Walnut Hill and Bachman recreation centers.
Customer AssistanceResidents seeking financial assistance who live east of Marsh Lane should visit the Walnut Hill recreation center. All others should visit the Bachman recreation center. Those seeking additional information should contact our 24-hour call center at 972-964-4191 or www.atmosenergy.com/alerts.Service RestorationNatural gas service will be made available after Atmos Energy technicians unlock the gas meter, test all appliances for safety, and re-light all pilot lights. As a reminder, a resident 18 years of age or older must be present in order to reestablish service. If a resident is not home when our technician arrives, we will leave a door tag with instructions on how to contact us to restore service. Scamming AlertAtmos Energy has trained technicians in the area. If you are approached, please ask to see the technician’s badge. Under no circumstances would legitimate Atmos Energy employees or technicians request keys to your home. Please call 9-1-1 if you are approached by someone asking for your keys – even if they are wearing Atmos Energy uniforms.
Thursday, Mar. 1 5:30 a.m. update from Atmos Energy
- Evacuation has been lifted for Dallas Fire Station #43
- Service has been restored to 80 homes. Click here for restoration information.
- 182 homes and a 90-unit apartment complex currently are currently evacuated.
- Click here for a map of the affected area.
Updated: March 3 at 11:07 p.m.
- Bring clothing, medication, and other personnel belongings needed for the next 3-5 days.
- Don’t forget:
- Cash and Credit Cards
- Personnel Identification
- Cell phone and chargers
- If you have a pet, the hotels can accommodate the pet staying with you. Don’t forget:
- Pet Food
- Pet Medication
- Pet water bowls
- Make sure the special needs of infants, elderly or disabled family members are met.
- Inform first responders if you have neighbors who may need a ride.
- Secure your home by closing and locking doors and windows.
- When time allows: From a safe distance, call a family member or friend and tell them where you are going.
The 24-hour call center can be contacted for relief for needs or questions from residents at 972-964-4191. Residents can receive updated information on repair operations at the following website: www.atmosenergy.com/alerts
Pasos de Evacuación
- Por favor, siga estos pasos al evacuar su casa:
- Lleve ropa, medicamentos y otras pertenencias personales que pueda necesitar durante los próximos 3-5 días.
- No se olvide:
- Dinero en efectivo y tarjetas de crédito
- Identificación personal
- Teléfono celular y cargador
- Los hoteles pueden acomodar su mascota.
- No se olvide:
- Comida para su mascota
- Medicamentos que necesite su mascota
- Recipiente para agua para su mascota
- Asegúrese que tenga todo lo que pueda necesitar para los bebés y familiares mayores o con necesidades especiales.
- Informe a los primeros respondedores si tiene vecinos que puedan necesitar transporte.
- Asegure su casa: cierre y asegure las ventanas, y cierre las puertas con llave.
- Cuando tenga la oportunidad y desde una distancia segura, llame a un miembro de su familia o amigo para avisarle adónde va.
El centro de llamadas está abierto por 24 horas y le pueden llamar por ayuda o con preguntas. El número es: 972-964-4191. Residentes pueden recibir noticias de operaciones de reparación en el sitio de web: www.atmosenergy.com/alerts.
Updated: Feb. 27 at 12:30 p.m.
Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Adam Medrano and Dallas City Councilman Omar Narvaez will host a community meeting for the residents impacted by the evacuations in Northwest Dallas.
When: February 27, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Where: Foster Elementary, 3700 Clover Ln, Dallas, TX 75220
Updated: Feb. 23 at 3 p.m.
- Rooms are being provided at Dallas hotels for all residents affected by the evacuation and gas service interruption. The rooms will be provided by Atmos to residents throughout the duration of the service disruption.
- Atmos is working directly with Dallas ISD on a plan for expanded transportation routes for those in hotels.
- Dallas-Fire Rescue Officers are continuing to support the families under current evacuation by assisting in the retrieval of any medical needs or critical family effects from their residences.
- The Department of Sanitation Services will continue trash service in the affected area. Due to repair work on-going in alley ways, waste removal services will take place on normal schedule in the front of residents houses.
- Atmos is providing direct information and support to affected residents 24-hours a day in three ways:
- Residents can meet with representatives at the Command Post located at the intersection of Webb Chapel Road and Larga Drive.
- Residents can receive updated information on repair operations and relief support at the following web-site: http://atmosenergy.com/alerts/
- A 24-hour call center can be contacted for any additional relief needs or questions from residents. The number for this center is: 972-964-4191.