City employees increase efficiency, save City money
Seven City of Dallas employees saved the City time and taxpayer money while adding to their professional toolkits. The Lean Six Sigma “Green Belt” trainees presented projects designed to save money and work out inefficiencies to Executive Staff.
Collectively, their individual projects lead to $342,762 in savings for the City while improving the tracking of 311 service requests, and raising awareness about the Office of Environmental Quality.
Coached by Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belts Brandon P. Johnson and Joseph Kunnath, the employees received their official green belt certifications after their individual presentations. The City’s newly certified Green Belts are listed below:
- Amanda Webster, Dallas Water Utilities
- Vinoo Kuruvilla, Communication and Information Services
- Alana Jackson, Communications and Information Services
- Lisa Fullerton, Office of Environmental Quality
- Sheila Gray, 311
- Joseph Fielding, Dallas Water Utilities
- Tamara Royal, Equipment and Building Services
Lean Six Sigma is a problem solving and process improvement strategy that combines two powerful methodologies that focus on reducing waste and variation.