Latest information regarding DPD Chief search
City Manager T.C. Broadnax expects to select and appoint a new chief by the end of the year.
City Manager T.C. Broadnax has invited seven candidates to interview for the Dallas Police Department’s (DPD) top spot. Below is the most up to date information regarding the search process.
7 Candidates for DPD Chief
(Click each name for bio and headshot)
- Albert Martinez – Director of Security for Dallas Catholic Dioceses/Former DPD Deputy Chief
- Avery Moore – Assistant Police Chief, Dallas Police Department
- Eddie Garcia – Chief of Police, San Jose, California
- Jeff Spivey – Chief of Police, City of Irving, Texas
- Malik Aziz – Major, Dallas Police Department
- Reuben Ramirez – Deputy Chief, Dallas Police Department
- RaShall Brackney – Chief of Police, Charlottesville, Virginia
Live Public Interview Forum – Wednesday, Dec. 16
As part of the search and selection process, the candidates participated in a Public Interview Forum from 2 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 16. Candidates were asked to respond to questions based on the topics identified in the Public Interview Forum Feedback Survey.
The forum was moderated by Gary Peterson of Public Sector Search & Consulting.
Read the initial candidate announcement and background of the search process here.