Six safety tips for driving during a traffic signal outage
The Dallas Department of Transportation will be monitoring weather conditions today through Saturday in order to mobilize crews to repair traffic signals as necessary. Please call 311 or 214- 670-3111 if you encounter a traffic signal on flash and treat it as an all-way stop. Remember to drive safely for the weather conditions.
Safety tips for motorists during a traffic signal outage:
- Treat the intersection like a four-way stop
- The first vehicle to come to a complete stop at the intersection goes first
- If two vehicles arrive and stop at the same time, the one on the right goes first
- If two vehicles stop at the intersection at about the same time and are facing each other, the one making a left turn yields to the one going straight through. Otherwise, both vehicles proceed straight through at the same time.
- In all cases, yield to pedestrians
- Before entering the intersection, be sure other approaching vehicles are following the rules and coming to a complete stop