Office of Community Police Oversight to participate in virtual town halls
The Office of Police Oversight has partnered with the Metropolitan Dallas Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. to host and participate in a series of community town halls.
Hosted by K104’s Lady Jade, the first town hall will be held on October 15, 2020. Each town hall will address a myriad of concerns, educate the community on the problem, and learn actionable ways to prevent gun violence in their personal lives and the community. The virtual event can be viewed on Facebook.
These topics will spread across the three town halls that will continue into 2021. Due to Covid-19, all town halls will be held virtually. This program aims to inform, educate, and empower women and their communities in reducing and ultimately eradicating gun violence.
Additional details can be found here.
Moderator: Lady Jade, National Radio Personality and Philanthropist
• Teena Schultz, Deputy Chief, Violent Crimes Response Team, Dallas Police Department
• Tonya McClary, Director, Office of Community Oversight, City of Dallas
• Eddie Bernice Johnson, Congresswoman, 30th Congressional District of Texas
• Marc Veasey, Congressman, 33rd Congressional District of Texas
• Jasmine Crockett, State Representative-Elect- District 100